阿比-艾莉爸爸 成長歷奇

Stories about me, my family and my daughters, Abigail & Eliana.

Abigail Jackline--Father's joy. To Connie and me, Abigail is a wonderful blessing from God, our precious jewel. God blessed us with Abigail as Connie and I went through the journey of infertility.

Eliana Faith--God answers. God hears our cries and heals us not only emotionally, but He also gives us Eliana, a precious gift, as a sign of his faithfulness.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

2 weeks of time = Ages

Week 2 is over and it's time for a short reflection.
My feeling is that time flies so quickly!!! I can recall a song that I used to sing a lot in the past--
So many books, so little time (Michael Card)
How I wish to have more time to read! In fact, the topics that we're going through are really interesting and I really long to spend more time to read and get the most out from the bible and the textbooks. Here are the quick recaps:

Intro Hebrew: I had to learn all the 23 Hebrew alphabets in lesson 1!! Wow, that's really a graduate-level challenge. However, I really thank God for giving me a good time in learning. Professor Philip Long has a good method of teaching. Learning Hebrew reminds me of teaching my primary school kids how to learn English as a second language. The strategies and skills that I've developped with the children in APS really help me to have a better grasp in learning Hebrew now.

Christian thoughts and culture I: This course really stretches my thoughts! I'm learning from the teachings and theology of the great and faithful christians from the early church ages. It is a challenging course not only because of the many terminology and vocabulary, but also the diversity of the ideas that come across to challenge my present beliefs. We recently are discussing about dualism--the topic about body+soul. It's quite stunning to notice that I've been actually believing in some kind of Gnostics ideas....Oh....really need God's grace to help me find out more of our faith.

The Old Testament Foundation: Guess how long you need to read all the OT? 12 weeks!! So basically I've to go through 15 chapters every day....but I'm behind my schedule ~_~ But I'm really happy to read the textbook too as it gives a really good outline of each book in the OT. Interesting!!!

One of the great experience I had at the beginning of the term was to visit my Hebrew professor. We had some yummy dessert at his home and we had a good chat with other classmates who are also interested in studying OT. I was so glad that Connie and Abby could go and had a wonderful time there too. ^_^

Our whole family will go to the US tomorrow for our first retreat organized by the school. I hope to enjoy the fellowship with my schoolmates and our Lord Jesus Christ.
To enjoy and complete my readings and assignments, I really need your support in prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you and your family have had a nice retreat already. Good to see that you are enthusiastic to learn Hebrew.

    ReplyDelete

Abby's Adoption Story on TVB