阿比-艾莉爸爸 成長歷奇

Stories about me, my family and my daughters, Abigail & Eliana.

Abigail Jackline--Father's joy. To Connie and me, Abigail is a wonderful blessing from God, our precious jewel. God blessed us with Abigail as Connie and I went through the journey of infertility.

Eliana Faith--God answers. God hears our cries and heals us not only emotionally, but He also gives us Eliana, a precious gift, as a sign of his faithfulness.

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Magic Number: 33

33.......It meant quite a lot to me......

a) I live on West 33rd Avenue in Vancouver
b) I just celebrated my 33rd birthday
c) My Lord Jesus Christ was cruxified and resurrected when He was 33
(of course I'm not saying that I'm gonna die this year....who knows? ^_^)

I am so grateful and thankful to God for surrounding me with love. The Chows gave me a surprise celebration a few days ago. They bought me a really nice birthday cake and they really surprised me for I didn't know that they would remember my birthday.
Thinking back....one of my unforgettable birthday was the year that I entered university. My parents drove me to the resident and helped me settle. We had dinner and they returned to Toronto. I felt extremely lonely afterwards for I had to face a new life at the university alone. I wept while I was taking shower and I prayed to God for grace.....Now as I celebrate my birthday this year, I'm on a new journey again. But I really thank God for having Connie and Abby to walk with me....It's not the same anymore.....

One more blessing to my birthday this year is that my Mom is here in Vancouver!!! She arrived on 4/9 and would stay with us for 5 days. Then she'll be returning to Toronto. It's so nice to have her celebrate together because I could thank her for all she and dad did over the years. We went to a Japanese restaurant for dinner and Mom was delighted of the yummy food.

Later on the evening, I got another surprise--Anson and Charis(my landlords) came down with a birthday cake!!! What a surprise!!! I really thank them for their love to me and my family. They're not only my landlords, but good neighbours and a loving brother and sister in Christ. Though we met recently, I pray that our friendship grows strong.

I also want to thank lots of other buddies in HK and Aussie, who also sent me SMS/FB greetings on my birthday.
I got 46 presents on my birthday!!!!! They're my shipment goods that I've packed to Vancouver and they were delivered to my home today. Connie and I were so pleased now that we can get our stuff from Hong Kong and settle down in our new home. We spent the whole day unpacking and putting them in place. We're almost done. Abby was so happy to see her stuff too. These things we used in Hong Kong really made our new place a home-sweet-home feeling as they're our cherished memories.

When our house is settled, I hope to focus in my study as lessons will start on next Tuesday.
I would really like to share about the orientation that was held last week but I guess I'd share with you more in later posts.

Last night I dreamed of my colleagues, students and school life. I know I really miss them. I would love to see their faces and chat with them. Just wish them all the best as school has started this week.

1 comment:

  1. Happy to see that you have a nice surprise on your birthday and that you are surrounded with love.

    Oh yes, with a wife and daughter by your side, 做牛做馬都心甜.

    ReplyDelete

Abby's Adoption Story on TVB