阿比-艾莉爸爸 成長歷奇

Stories about me, my family and my daughters, Abigail & Eliana.

Abigail Jackline--Father's joy. To Connie and me, Abigail is a wonderful blessing from God, our precious jewel. God blessed us with Abigail as Connie and I went through the journey of infertility.

Eliana Faith--God answers. God hears our cries and heals us not only emotionally, but He also gives us Eliana, a precious gift, as a sign of his faithfulness.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

1st Day at Regent College

Here we go!!! It's our first day of orientation.

Yesterday, we left home at 8:15 and arrived at 8:45. I was glad that I could drive to school and parked the car at a pretty good rate ($5 for the whole day) and a good location.

We tried to settle Abby at the childcare service, but she did not want to play alone. So we took her with us to the programme. We had a brief worship and prayer. I'm very touched by the sincere prayers led by one upper-form student. She prayed for our relationship with God, in addition to the knowledge that we'll get. Instead of all the Godly things that we're busy with, we need to focus at our relationship with Him. I'm learning to enjoy spending time with God and listen to His words not because of duty, but simply being there to enjoy the intimacy. I can recall such experience when I was spending time with Abby. I didn't really have to achieve a lot of things with her or giving a lesson to her. I could just simply sit or lie close to her joyfully. This is an intimate experience.

After praying, we began to introduce one after another through playig some ice-breaking games. I was so excited to know my classmates, who came from different parts of the world. There're people from Asia, like South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan... There're others from Europe, especially from UK. There're others from New Zealand and even Africa. We spent some time chatting during lunch. I think yesterday was a great start. I really look forward to know more about them and listen to their stories.

Abby became pretty well-known as she was singing along with us....You really need to listen to her singing....she could sound pretty close to what we're singing, with a slight delay in synchronizing. It's really funny. ^_^

Orientation will continue from Sept 2-4. We'll learn more about the study culture at Regent. I look forward to connect with others.

Please pray for me as I'll have lots of reading. I really need to spend time wisely.

We'll be moving on Sept 1 as well.
Thank God for providing us a 10' cargo van and some kind brothers and sisters from church to help us move. Connie and I really hope to settle everything before lessons start on Sept 8.

2 comments:

  1. yes, intimacy means just being there with someone and don't need to say a word.
    enjoy your time with God, my buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much better to see your blog now....haaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete

Abby's Adoption Story on TVB