阿比-艾莉爸爸 成長歷奇

Stories about me, my family and my daughters, Abigail & Eliana.

Abigail Jackline--Father's joy. To Connie and me, Abigail is a wonderful blessing from God, our precious jewel. God blessed us with Abigail as Connie and I went through the journey of infertility.

Eliana Faith--God answers. God hears our cries and heals us not only emotionally, but He also gives us Eliana, a precious gift, as a sign of his faithfulness.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Things look brighter in Week 2

This is a week to remember.

A. We spent 4 days on a short journey to a lake resort. This journey was planned and arranged before we left HK. We went along with the Chows and 2 other families from church. Check out the photos and you'll be amazed by the beautiful scenery there. The trailer house was neat and cozy. We enjoyed the beauty of the nature and the fellowship with each other. One night, I lay flat on the pavement with Connie and Abby to look at the sky. The sky was filled with twinkling stars. How I wish to take a photo of it and show you how it was like.

B. After we returned, I registered my courses for the fall term. I talked to a counselor and I decided to take 4 courses this term (as suggested in the student handbook in order to finish the program in 3 yrs). But only about 40% of Regent students will take 4 courses each term; another 40% will take only 3; the rest will take fewer courses. I’ll see how much that I can handle in the first 2 weeks of school. I may decide to take fewer courses, but it may mean that I’ll finish the program later. There’ll be stress on the finance when I think of that, but it’s all about faith to rely in God. I’m learning not to rush myself in finishing it in 3 yrs, but to open up myself to learn the essence of studying theology here. So I’ll be taking:
1. Christian culture and thoughts
2. History of Christianity
3. The Old Testament Foundation
4. Introductory Hebrew

These seem to be quite interesting. I had a look at the textbooks and noticed a lot of vocabularies. Pray for my eagerness to learn and be able to understand different concepts.
I really want to thank Foon傳道 for giving me a “dictionary” of those theological terms. It’s gonna be very useful in my years of study.

C. The most important issue this week was that we’re settled with our housing. We thank God for the understanding and care we got from uF and aSK though we’ll not be renting the original upper floor unit. It’s amazing that God prepared us another loving and caring neighbour (landlord) + schoolmate. (see details from Abbymama’s blog) We’ll be moving into the basement unit of the Ann family soon and we’re now getting/buying different stuff for the new place. We’re so grateful for the housing arrangement and the community around us. Thank God.

Life is always filled with excitement. Though there were times that we felt anxious and perplexed, I thank God for teaching us to pray and focus on Him. Praise Him for His love and care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abby's Adoption Story on TVB