阿比-艾莉爸爸 成長歷奇

Stories about me, my family and my daughters, Abigail & Eliana.

Abigail Jackline--Father's joy. To Connie and me, Abigail is a wonderful blessing from God, our precious jewel. God blessed us with Abigail as Connie and I went through the journey of infertility.

Eliana Faith--God answers. God hears our cries and heals us not only emotionally, but He also gives us Eliana, a precious gift, as a sign of his faithfulness.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Countdown: 1 more week to go!

Summer Holiday is coming to its end. (Do you long for more? ^_^)
My primary school colleagues are getting back to school this week. Really miss them much!

Just one more week, we’ll be moving to our new place. We’ll need to do lots of cleaning and unpacking. Hopefully we’ll be able to finish our work before lessons start.

Orientation for new students will begin this coming Friday. I look forward to meet with new classmates and teachers. Guess I should read bible more (esp. in English) + textbooks now…there’ll be tons of readings after school starts.

I’m grateful over the last few weeks that I could stay with the Chows. I was so happy to chat with them. I even got a few sessions of kinesiology therapy as Mrs. Chow is a registered clinical counselor. Through sharing and diagnosis, I discovered that other than our mind (or thoughts), our body actually can tell us a lot of our status through various responses to frequencies. I could identify some stress sources and trace back to the incidents that had occurred to me in my childhood / adolescence. These sessions really helped me to understand my needs more. As Mrs. Chow always says, “Your body remembers more than you know!” I just THOUGHT I was over with the problem, but my BODY is still grieving on it. My body would respond differently than I thought so. I was surprised by these reactions and I noticed I have always been on a “survival” mode of living. There was a great fear deep inside of me, so that I always “believe” that I don’t deserve to get over with problems and being loved by others. In response, I tend to have psychological reversals, meaning that I don’t mean what I say to myself. I notice that I longed for nurturing that was insufficient in my childhood years. It has to do with the relationship and interactions between me and my daddy. Though I am always proud of my daddy and respect him, my body tells me that I really long for playing with my daddy in my childhood but he was absent. Those years were gone long time ago; however, my body remembers and still grieves for that. I guess that's why I sometimes feel so distant with my parents (my body tells myself to feel ok to stay alone after so many years) Now I’ve to acknowledge such feelings and really let my body to feel the grief and let it get over with.

I also discover that I’ve got lots of my good friends are in the field of counseling. My dad and my wife are social workers; my best friends are counselors too. Then I was asked by Mrs. Chow, “Why haven’t you thought of studying counseling before?” I was stunned by this question and wondered why I’ve never thought of entering this field even I am really fond of this professional. Maybe I have been denying myself and having this thought of “un-deservedness” towards this. It will be very interesting to know what my daddy thinks about this since he has given me advice and insights over many important decisions (including my decision of pursuing medicine and my choice of studying chemistry in uni years).

Really feel blessed by God for shaping my life through many ways, even before school starts. ^_^

Daddy: If you ever read this post, I want to say that I love you. I'm always proud of you and thankful for all that you've done for me. I'm glad that I could go over my past and searched for my feelings. Just acknowledge my feelings. I really hope to hear your sharing, to know your ups and downs, or even play together.

3 comments:

  1. Philip, you are my beloved son. I am glad you can start touching your inner feeling. I hope that we can deeply share our feeling of relationship in the future, face to face, and personally. Pray for this first. We can also talk over the phone in these days before our next reunion. Philip, as I always said, our Heavenly Father loves you more than I do. Even though, I love you, my son, Philip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm quite envy of you... I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your deep feelings and letting us to know more about you. What you have shared is very different from the happy, confident, 鬼馬 and 小孩子的開心果 we have come to know. Anyway we understand that there is always a story behind each person. Your story will become a blessing for others in God.

    ReplyDelete

Abby's Adoption Story on TVB