阿比-艾莉爸爸 成長歷奇

Stories about me, my family and my daughters, Abigail & Eliana.

Abigail Jackline--Father's joy. To Connie and me, Abigail is a wonderful blessing from God, our precious jewel. God blessed us with Abigail as Connie and I went through the journey of infertility.

Eliana Faith--God answers. God hears our cries and heals us not only emotionally, but He also gives us Eliana, a precious gift, as a sign of his faithfulness.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Embracing my reading week with Books, Family and Video Games???


It's time for the second reading week!! It's going to be a busy one, and I hope I can really spend the time to read, just like the first one I had in October. Besides, I really hope to spend part of the reading week with Connie and Abby, so that they can be "cheered up" while I'm having some free time!!! ^_^

Coming to the end of this term, I'm thankful that the big assignments are all handed in on time. There'll be final exams in December for all my three courses, but I guess I'm now feeling much more relax than earlier time. Indeed, this is a time for me to learn how to cope with leisure and study. I'm the kind of person who doesn't know how to have fun in a wise way. In the past, I would just spend my holidays in video gaming, even after I got married (when I had my holidays, Connie still had to work, so I'd have my own fun time) I would get so addicted that I could spend hours non-stop playing those exciting 1st-person-shooting or strategy games. I did not find much trouble in that when I started my career and I could always make up sleep time eventually. But now if I play video games as before, I would be slacking off my studies and the result can be devastating. (the indulging experience I had in my university years still haunts me) I think this is the time for me to embrace a new/better way to spend my free time. I like sports but I can never do it just by myself. In fact I never ask people out for playing sports together with me. So I would just be so tied up with myself and ended up in playing video games on my own. Will there be changes in the coming reading week?

1 comment:

  1. hooray for reading week! you know, i think you could convince my husband to play sports and/or video games with you anytime!

    ReplyDelete

Abby's Adoption Story on TVB