阿比-艾莉爸爸 成長歷奇

Stories about me, my family and my daughters, Abigail & Eliana.

Abigail Jackline--Father's joy. To Connie and me, Abigail is a wonderful blessing from God, our precious jewel. God blessed us with Abigail as Connie and I went through the journey of infertility.

Eliana Faith--God answers. God hears our cries and heals us not only emotionally, but He also gives us Eliana, a precious gift, as a sign of his faithfulness.

Friday, June 12, 2009

A fun visit at Birth and Beyond midwifery service


Connie and I really appreciate the personal care of midwifery service. They are professionaly trained and are much different than the traditional impression of midwives in ancient Chinese society. With their education and experience, they show great support to the inexperience couples going through the maternity process. Connie and I feel really blessed and thankful for having them to help us better prepare for the pregnancy.

Now Abby found it interesting for each visit for she can help out measuring and checking the baby. Abby would pick up the stethoscope and listen to the baby's heartbeat. She would also pick up the measuring tape and help finding out the size of the womb. Abby has the potential of becoming a wonderful nurse! ^_^


There was once when we first met one of the midwives, Saraswathi Vedam, she laid her hands on Connie's tummy and felt the position of the baby. She then drew on Connie's tummy to describe how the baby is positioning. Not only Abby found it very interesting, I felt really amazing too!!

We'll keep having visits before Connie's due date. From these visits and a prenatal class that we had, my sense of "ownership" in this pregancy has grown more because all the information helps me to better visualize the upcoming events. I hope I won't be panic when Connie's labor pain begins. ^_^

2 comments:

  1. A simple, but funny drawing by the Mid-wife!It looks like a "human" map.

    The baby's head is already facing down which is a good position for delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very happy for you and your family and our best wishes for the arrival of a new gorgeous life, created by God through you and Connie.

    ReplyDelete

Abby's Adoption Story on TVB