阿比-艾莉爸爸 成長歷奇

Stories about me, my family and my daughters, Abigail & Eliana.

Abigail Jackline--Father's joy. To Connie and me, Abigail is a wonderful blessing from God, our precious jewel. God blessed us with Abigail as Connie and I went through the journey of infertility.

Eliana Faith--God answers. God hears our cries and heals us not only emotionally, but He also gives us Eliana, a precious gift, as a sign of his faithfulness.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Can't resist these berries



6 pounds of strawberry + family fun + farm experience + creation encounter + a wonderful shady weather = $??? (answer at the end of the posting)

Thanks to the sound therapies again for allowing us to notice signs of strawberry farms as we drove to the clinic. Today we had a relaxing day out picking strawberries. When we arrived at the farm, we noticed that fresh smell of strawberries filled the air. This is our first experience in picking strawberries (we picked blueberries last year when we first arrived) We all find this a fun experience. To 8-month-pregnant Connie, this strawberry picking experience provided her a great opportunity to exercise squatting. ^_^ To Abby, you can tell she really enjoyed picking with her own hands (though she finds it quite diffictult and ends up helping us placing the berries in the container). To me, I was marveling at God's creation and providence for us. A thought came by when I recalled a recent discussion with my schoolmate about a Regent course on food, farming, community, hospitality, and creation. I feel more responsible to do things right to care for God's creation through supporting the local community. So when we pick strawberries here, we would also help supporting our local farming communities.

How are the strawberries? ....mmm....YumYum!!! ^_^

Have you figured out the price afterall? Only $8.45 CAD!!! ^_^

ps: Next time, I should remember to bring a bottle of water + paper towel to wash the berries, so that I can eat them as I pick!!! ^_^

1 comment:

  1. Abby is a happy "holder" of strawberries, but not a real "collector".

    ReplyDelete

Abby's Adoption Story on TVB