阿比-艾莉爸爸 成長歷奇

Stories about me, my family and my daughters, Abigail & Eliana.

Abigail Jackline--Father's joy. To Connie and me, Abigail is a wonderful blessing from God, our precious jewel. God blessed us with Abigail as Connie and I went through the journey of infertility.

Eliana Faith--God answers. God hears our cries and heals us not only emotionally, but He also gives us Eliana, a precious gift, as a sign of his faithfulness.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Beloved

Although presently struggling with school work before school ends this week, I came across a few nice quotes from Henri Nouwen in his book The Only Necessary Thing:

"We are called to convert our loneliness into solitude. We are called to experience our aloneness not as a wound but as a gift--as God's gift--so that in our aloneness we might discover how deeply we are loved by God." (p.43)

...Henri urges us to claim ourselves as beloved children of a God who longs for our love. This is a whole new perspective on life. Do we dare to believe that a relationship of love and intimacy is possible between our God and ourselves?... "Prayer, is listening to that voice--to the One who calls you the Beloved". (p.12)

Yes, we are God's beloved children. May we learn to trust in Him more and live in His love daily.

2 comments:

  1. This is specially good to me in these days....I am learning and experiencing with God to keep me up. Thanks for sharing this message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reinforcing and reminding that God "cares" for our reaction to Him. It is not that just because He is almighty, He would not get hurt.

    ReplyDelete

Abby's Adoption Story on TVB