阿比-艾莉爸爸 成長歷奇

Stories about me, my family and my daughters, Abigail & Eliana.

Abigail Jackline--Father's joy. To Connie and me, Abigail is a wonderful blessing from God, our precious jewel. God blessed us with Abigail as Connie and I went through the journey of infertility.

Eliana Faith--God answers. God hears our cries and heals us not only emotionally, but He also gives us Eliana, a precious gift, as a sign of his faithfulness.

Friday, March 27, 2009

「粗言穢語與抗爭無關 立會應制止極端行為」-- I agree totally!!


I am really grateful for reading a just view from an editorial from MingPao today(see link), addressing to the "swearing issue" (see link) that is hotly debated in Hong Kong. I pray that order can be restored in the Legislative Council in Hong Kong.

A few nice quotes from the editors:
「...由於議會的有效運作正受到少數人的威脅,我們要求立法會盡快收緊議事規則,並要嚴格執行,以保障社會的最大利益。」

「...爭拗「何謂粗口」,只為轉移視線,企圖強詞奪理,為自己的敗行推卸責任。因此,議員千萬不要被梁國雄誤導,糾纏於粗口的定義。」

「...議員在立法會上有言論自由,但這權利不包括使用粗言穢語,或刻意破壞議事廳的正常運作。這是社會的共識。議員對社會事務不滿,絕對應該抗爭,可以在議會外發起社會行動,在議會內也可以向政府提出尖銳的批評,甚或提出動議譴責,但使用粗言穢語,只求「搏出位」的政治秀,跟「抗爭」根本風馬牛不相及,必須受到譴責及制止。」

Sadly, when I was listening to the phone-in programme of Fairchild Radio @AM1470, I heard comments from quite a lot of Chinese in Vancouver that actually support the rude way of expressing views. I am saddened to see the corruptions in these ways of accuse and violence. I pray for wisdom and righteousness in our leaders that they can be great examples for citizens.
The historical development of swearing is actually quite interesting and educational. I recall reading an article from Breakthrough magazine when I was a teenager that spoke of the origins and the social context of swearing. The writer not only identified the different levels of rudeness conveyed in the swearing, but also gave some psychological significance/impact to one who swears. It would be a wonderful teaching resource for kids/teens. I would really love to read this article and share with others again; however, it could now only be found in the library of Breakthrough Youth Village in Hong Kong. ~_~

1 comment:

Abby's Adoption Story on TVB