阿比-艾莉爸爸 成長歷奇

Stories about me, my family and my daughters, Abigail & Eliana.

Abigail Jackline--Father's joy. To Connie and me, Abigail is a wonderful blessing from God, our precious jewel. God blessed us with Abigail as Connie and I went through the journey of infertility.

Eliana Faith--God answers. God hears our cries and heals us not only emotionally, but He also gives us Eliana, a precious gift, as a sign of his faithfulness.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Post-Exam Days

All of my exams are over! My first year at Regent is "officially" over! Thank God for such a wonderful year. I really like to share with you some of my reflections later for I need a while to write them up.
It's been quite busy after the exams. Busy with settling different matters in HK and schedules for spring/summer here. I'm going to work at Regent as an AV technician, recording/working on the sound system for chapel and evening lectures. I also have an opportunity to learn about counselling and case study with a clinical psychologist. This summer, I'll take 2 courses: Reading film - A theological Approach; and Biblical Greek. Both are very interesting to me. We'll see how the courses go!! ^_^

We've bought a secondhand van this week! It's a 2002 Kia Sedona, with 56000km mileage. It's fully loaded with special features and it comes with a deal of $5400.
This buying experience has quite an impact on me. We saw this van on the well-known free classifying/advertising website: Craigslist. I notice that buying a second-hand car actually does involve a large sum of money. I have a fear of making wrong decisions in transactions since I always have bad experiences. I just don't know if I would get cheated this time. Since I've gone through quite a few bad experiences before, I now slowly develop a mutual understanding with Connie that all the important decisions I made should concur with her comments. Connie's opinions and suggestions are really helpful and I know my ideas can be better filtered/improved out from her critical questioning character. With her full support this time, I'm happy to make this deal. I thank God for this great buy opportunity. When I was driving it home today, I was so thankful because I just love the new driving experience. May this van be a great help to those who need transportation.

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord for His care and guidance in your study and family life. You are also to be commended for your hard work. Congratulations for successfully finishing your first year at Regents and for being the proud owner of a 'new' van. It is a very good deal indeed. It is good that you can use it to serve your family as well as others in need.

    ReplyDelete

Abby's Adoption Story on TVB