阿比-艾莉爸爸 成長歷奇

Stories about me, my family and my daughters, Abigail & Eliana.

Abigail Jackline--Father's joy. To Connie and me, Abigail is a wonderful blessing from God, our precious jewel. God blessed us with Abigail as Connie and I went through the journey of infertility.

Eliana Faith--God answers. God hears our cries and heals us not only emotionally, but He also gives us Eliana, a precious gift, as a sign of his faithfulness.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Fear and Acceptance

Palm Sunday—To remember that very Sunday, a week before Jesus was crucified, entering Jerusalem in triumph. Yesterday in the Palm Sunday service, I was touched again by the grace of Jesus while singing this song:

Hosanna (Praise is rising)

Praise is rising, eyes are turning to you;
We turn to you;
Hope is stirring, hearts are yearning for you;
We long for you;

‘Cause when we see you,
We find strength to face the day;
In your presence all our fears are washed away,
Washed away.

Hosanna, Hosanna, you are the God who saves us,
Worthy of all our praises
Hosanna, Hosanna, come have your way among us;
We welcome you here, Lord Jesus


by Paul Baloche & Brenton Brown. Integrity’s Hosanna Music & Thankyou Music, 2006.

…Thinking back to my lustful sins, the words “see” and “find strength to face” got my attention.
How lowly I am! How unworthy I am! How then can I face God?
Yet “In your presence all our fears are washed away” …yes, fear…there is fear deep down in my heart of not being accepted by God…
But I know there's a greater calling, a calling to return, for God is gracious. How blessed it is to have such a calling to return! To return to the gracious God who washed our sins and fears away.
As the second verse goes:

Hear the sound of hearts returning to you,
We turn to you;
In your Kingdom broken lives are made new,
You make us new;

‘Cause when we see you,
We find strength to face the day;
In your presence all our fears are washed away,
Washed away.

Hosanna, Hosanna, you are the God who saves us,
Worthy of all our praises
Hosanna, Hosanna, come have your way among us;
We welcome you here, Lord Jesus

Oh Lord, I need your mercy. Forgive my trespasses and renew me, that my heart rests in you always. Amen.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abby's Adoption Story on TVB